Wednesday 3 July 2013

Failed plans

So even the best plans sometimes never work out.  The initial plan was for Jade and I to provide a daily blog of the events in Greece as they happened, but, that was not to be.  In the end, between the horrible and I really mean horrible and unreliable internet connection at the IOA and the intense scheduling of activities, it simply never worked out in our favour.  

I remember even on the day we went to the beach within our scheduled activities, I was pleasantly surprised that there was a WIFI connection.  I instantly connected and started typing and then would you believe coming on to the end, the screen went blank, the words simply disappeared.  I remarked to Jade later and said, "Jade, I am done.  I can only assume we are not supposed to write a thing."  We simply went on enjoying the day and resigned ourselves to the fact that it was not to be.



It still my hope to share our experiences in a special series, "To Greece & Back, My IOAYP Journey" a little later.  Our trip continued, but all good things must come to an end.  From Olympia back to Athens.  From Athens back to London and then of course our island in the sun, BARBADOS.  

One would think that it would be time to rest and relax, but for us,  the very next day was the Caribbean Alliance Insurance National Senior Badminton Championships.  So basically, I have now come up for air.

No comments:

Post a Comment