Tuesday 9 July 2013

CHANTAL KEEPS MOVING



First of all, I am thanking God for the limited disruption to our lives and no serious incidents during Tropical Storm Chantal.   All across the island people gave different accounts of what they experienced.

For me, all I can say is that I was up until around 2am watching a movie.  No rain had fallen as yet but outside went from being still, to very windy and back to being still again.  Sleep was calling and when I finally feel asleep, it would apppear that's when the rain started.  I however woke up to a gentle rainfall and then it completely stopped.

I got some breakfast and was simply waiting for the All Clear, like most Barbadians and took the opportunity to listen to the radio to stay informed.  Then all of a sudden, the wind and rain came again but this time the rain came thundering down.  The wind was howling and all I could say is "well well well!!!"
Chantal's projected path

At the same time on the radio, people called in from different parts of the island and started reporting the same sudden shift in weather conditions.  Eventually, it stopped once again and by 12 noon the All Clear was announced.

Even though the storm has passed Barbados, we must be mindful that it is still on the move within our Caribbean waters and chances are, it will strengthen into a hurricane.  

I am hearing it is heading for Hispaniola and a warning is now in effect for Puerto Rico as well.  The picture shows the path, but not the cloud cover and as the system becomes more organized, it could get bigger.

I can only hope and pray for limited damage if any, and no loss of life for whomever might in the path of the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment