Thursday 11 July 2013

CHANTAL WEAKENS & OUR VOICES ARE HEARD!



So it's Thusday now and Chantal has weakened to a tropical wave as of last night.  It poses no major threat right now and let's just hope it stays that way.  Chantal however, put a slight dent into my badminton week because on Tuesday I didn't attend club after it had passed thinking many people might not go.. WRONG, which they did and plus, I was thinking I'll just go on Thursday, WRONG AGAIN; because club was cancelled for tonight.

BBA President, Kevin Wood
Anyway, life goes on, but, I just wanted to let everyone know our President, Kevin Wood was on the VOB 92.9 radio station on "Another View" early Tuesday morning.  It was a recorded piece which he spoke about the challenges facing us within Barbados.

Sorry I didn't let you all know, but, I didn't even know (well the airing, not the interview as I had set that up for him), and as I found out yesterday, neither did he.  I think because of all the preparations for the storm, we did not anticipate it would be aired the morning that Chantal would have made landfall.

One of the major things he focused on was the lack of a dedicated home for the sport.  Over the years we had tried and tried and tried, and it is hoped we will eventually have access to a facility exclusively for the sport or a shared facility which is much more accessible than our current Wildey Gymnasium.

The availability of the gymnasium and the rental fees at the Barbados Community College have continued to hamper scheduling of tournaments and training for our national players, but despite this, we try to make the best out of this situation because of the love of the sport.

Kudos to our players and coaches over the many years!!



No comments:

Post a Comment